The Museum is closed due to technical reasons.
The Museum of the sculptor Toma Rosandić is housed in the home where he lived and worked since 1929. In 1955, the sculptor bequeathed the house and his selected works to the City of Belgrade. The authentic atmosphere of the home of Toma and Mara Rosandić was preserved in the concept of the exhibition, set up in 1963.
Toma Rosandić (Split, Croatia, 1878–1958) was educated in Rome, Florence, Venice and Vienna. In 1921, when he settled in Belgrade, Rosandić was already an experienced artist who had presented his works at various international exhibitions (Vienna, 1909; Rome, 1911; London, 1917; Paris, 1919). Since 1922, he was a professor of the Art School in Belgrade. Rosandić became a founder and the first Rector of the Belgrade Academy of Fine Art in 1937 and a full member of the Serbian Academy of Sciences in 1946. Between 1949 and 1955, he was the “Master Sculptor” of the Master’s Workshop of Toma Rosandić.
Rosandić’s artistic interests included figure, bust, relief, monumental compositions, secular or religious monuments and applied art. He made sculptures in stone, wood, copper, silver and bronze. The Museum holds Toma Rosandić’s most famous works like Ecce Homo, Youth, Self-portrait, Dying warrior, as well as his sculptures Crucifixion, Resurrection, Archangel Michael and objects of applied art (chalice, censer, stoup), made by the artist for his major architectural and sculptural project, the Petrinović Mausoleum on the island of Brač, built between 1924 and 1927. Rosandić was one of the leading creative figures in the development of the Serbian 20th-century art.