- About Museum
- Selected Exhibition Objects
The home of Pava and Milan Sekulić houses in an authentic interior the largest collection of icons that can be seen in Serbia gathered in a single place. In 1970, it was bequeathed, together with a collection of icons, paintings and works of applied art, to the City of Belgrade by these passionate collectors. The collection includes 165 icons made in Serbia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Italy, Greece and Russia between the 15th and 20th centuries.
The examples of 19th-century painting include portraits by Pavel Đurković, Konstantin Danil and Arsenije Teodorović, as well as religious paintings by Stevan Aleksić, Jovan Klajić and other artists, whereas 20th-century art is represented by landscapes painted by Jovan Bjelić, Marko Čelebonović and Ignjat Job.
In the period between the two World Wars, architect Milan Sekulić (Sremska Mitrovica, 1895 – Belgrade 1970) took part in the construction of several multi-storey residential buildings, private homes and business edifices, among which special attention should be drawn to the old edifice of the Politika Newspaper Agency and the building of Sekulić’s family home at No. 5 Uzun Mirkova Street. As a renowned developer, Milan Sekulić organized major construction projects of his time, like the building of the Albanija Palace in Belgrade and the Banovina Palace in Novi Sad.