- The Art Pavilion at Kalemegdan was incorporated into the City Museum
During World War II, the Art Pavilion at Kalemegdan was incorporated into the City Museum to serve as its exhibition space. The operation of this institution was regulated by a book of rules that also regulated the activities of the Counselling Committee. Between June 1942, when the pavilion was reconditioned to house exhibitions, and December 1942, four art exhibitions were organized at the Art Pavilion. Instead of paying the exhibition fee, some artists would gift one painting to the Museum. The exhibition income was saved to a fund deposited to the Municipal Treasury; it was meant to be delivered to an artist as the award for the best work of art. In August 1942, the exhibition Old Belgrade in Paintings and Drawings was set up of materials from the Museum’s collections. During winter months, the work was interrupted due to lack of heating fuel.